James T. Burns
James Burns was admitted to the State Bar in 2010 and has a strong background in business that is applied everyday to his clients’ cases. Every action taken on behalf of clients is aimed to be in their best business interests. James places particular emphasis on pre-trial motions and out-of-court negotiations whenever possible, as these avenues are often the quickest and most cost-efficient for achieving client objectives.
Prior to the practice of law, James was a corporate manager with a large market research firm. Like many of our clients, James has started and successfully managed businesses of his own, primarily in the area of technology start-ups. James was also a prize winner in the UNM Business Plan Competition and has completed numerous consulting projects to help clients achieve their legal and business goals.
- University of New Mexico School of Law (Juris Doctor) in 2009.
- Peking (Beida) University, Beijing, China (Certificate- Chinese Business Law) 2009.
- University of New Mexico (MBA) 2007.
- University of New Mexico (Bachelor’s of Arts in Economics-Philosophy) 2006.
- George Washington University (certificate- Public Policy and Planning) 2007.